Buyers- Alexandria, MN Real Estate
Tips to Buying a Home in Alexandria, MN
Communication & Compromise
If you recall from previous home purchases, compromises are a normal part of buying a home. Maintaining good lines of communication with your spouse and with me, your Realtor, is important to an efficient home buying experience. Plus, it will make your home buying experience more pleasant too!
Know the Difference Between Your Wants & Your Needs
Before searching for a larger home in the Alexandria, MN real estate market, it is recommended you make a list of your “wants” (what you desire in a home) and your “needs” (got to have) in your next home. Below are a few questions to consider before you begin searching for your next Alexandria area home:
- How close do you want to live to your office and family?
- Do you prefer an urban area or the country?
- How important are schools to your home buying decision?
- Are lifestyle amenities important to you and your family? (Golf, tennis courts, swimming pool, walking trails, lakefront?)
- How important is it to being close to shopping?
- Does the Alexandria area neighborhood contain many younger families if you have small children?
- Do you seek a quiet neighborhood?
Once you begin your search for your larger home, remember these important steps:
- Preview homes together with me to eliminate homes that fail to meet your search criteria.
- Keep track of the houses you’ve seen.
- Bring a camera.
- Take some notes (positives and negatives about each home).
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Don’t go hungry. I’ll provide some drinking water.
- If you have small children, consider a babysitter.
- Once you’ve narrowed your choices, you can bring them along.
- Limit your daily search to 6 homes.
- Limit your search to homes that fit your budget
Are You Ready to Get Started?
After you have prioritized your wants and needs in your move up home, now you’re ready to begin your home search. Contact me, Julie Rambow and let’s discuss your hopes and dreams for your next home.