Staging Your Alexandria Single Family Home
Give Your Alexandria Area Home “Sales Appeal”
It’s a known fact, staged homes sell for more money and sell quicker too! And in today’s real estate market, it’s all about making your standout in the crowd. To accomplish that goal it takes the specialized resources of a neighborhood real estate listing professional to make it happen.
Simple Tools Deliver Surprising Results
One of the most valuable tools available to make your home “show ready” is an old-fashioned plastic trash bag. Removing your personal nick knacks is an easy and economical way to neutralize your home. Remember, the mission here is to help the buyer visualize their belongings in your home.
Get the Clutter Out!
Be sure to remove any excess toys, books, magazines, computer games, clothing and anything else that makes the home look messy and disorganized. If you can’t bear to part with your things, rent a storage unit or locker to stash away the excess until you move. While you’re de-cluttering your home, get it organized as well. Don’t forget to attack those disorganized closets, countertops, and shelves.
Spic & Span Clean!
Next give your home a thorough cleaning! Unkempt homes communicate deeper problems could lie beyond the mere fact that they are untidy. Buyers will correlate a dirty home with a home that has not been maintained properly. Get the grim out and make everything shine! Start with the floors and work your way up.
Suggestions for de-personalizing, organizing and de-cluttering your home include:
- Remove family photos and heirlooms
- Arrange your furniture to open-up your room for superior flow
- Replace colorful carpeting with neutral carpeting or tile
- Paint brightly colored walls a neutral beige or eggshell white
- De-clutter your desk, kitchen and bath counter tops
- Simple yet elegant accessories work best – the goal is minimalism!
- Exchange heavy drapes that block the sunlight with lighter fabrics
- Avoid cooking prior to the showing (if practical)
- Turn on all lights - replace burned out light bulbs
- Open all blinds, drapes and shades - let the sun shine in!
- Play soft classical music
Remove pets while the home is on the market by boarding your pet. If that option isn't practical, take them to a neighbor’s home during the showing
- Make the beds
- Take out the trash and recycling bin
- Organize and straighten computer disks, video games, CD’s
- Wipe down bathroom vanities
- Place fresh clean towels in the bathrooms
- Remove and store small kitchen appliances (out of sight – out of mind)
- Remove smudges and fingerprints by wiping down the counter tops, refrigerator, stove and dishwasher
- Add a splash of color to your dining room & kitchen table with a fresh bouquet of flowers
Did You Know? Homes that offer impeccable curb appeal stand a better chance of securing an offer quicker! As your Alexandria home selling partner, I am happy to help advise you on creating WOW curb appeal plus home staging tips and tricks. These services are part of a time-tested marketing plan with the single goal of securing maximum fair market value for your home. Contact me, Randy Fisher for your FREE home evaluation.